CardSharing.Ws Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Experts please clarify, vu duo 2 lines, best setup!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Experts please clarify, vu duo 2 lines, best setup!!!

I have a vu duo with latest vix image, I also have a cline and an nline from different servers.
    What is the best way to have freeze free viewing using cccam mgcamd at the same time?

My original config was cline and nline both in cccam 2.3.0, works well but when 1 server fails it switches to the other with about 2 second freeze/glitch.

I tried both lines in mgcamd 1.35a (cccamd.list and newcamd.list in usr/kys) and again it works well and the box seems to favour the nline (I assume because its slightly faster ecm time), if the nline lags a bit will the switch to the cline be seemless, (no picture freeze/glitch)?

My other attempt was to have the cline in cccam 2.3.0 and to have the nline in mgcamd 1.35a, and with both emus running strangely the box favours the cline, on a few occasions I see the box flicking between cccam 2.3.0 and mgcamd 1.35a with no freeze or glitch, this is perfect and what I would like to happen, but again the box mostly sticks to cccam and it leaves me wondering if mgcamd is running at all.

my mg_cfg looks like this....
    M: { 01 }
    C: { 01 }
    A: { 01 }
    U: { 01 } 0x12c0
    T: { 00 }
    G: { 33}
    N: { 07 } 5 30
    K: { 07 }
    Q: { 120 }
    P: { 00 }
    O: { 00 } root password
    S: { 00 } 80
    L: { 00 } 127.0.0.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log
    E: { 15 }
    H: { 07 }
    R: { 04 }
    D: { 00 }
    B: { 06 }
    F: { 00 }

Any advice would be much appreciated as I have been googling for hours and I still am yet to find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Update...
    Seeing as no one has answered my question I will answer it myself after some more reading and tinkering with settings.
    Both lines in mgcamd does not have freeze free viewing, their is delay when switching from one to another.
    Mgcamd doesn't auto select the faster server like cccam does, this is defined in mg_cfg under { P } were 00 will use newcamd first but changing to 02 uses cccamd first.
    So best config is put cline in cccam 2.3.0 start the emu, then put nline in newcamd.list and then load the emu, the switch from one emu to another is usually seamless, but it doesn't hurt to restart mgcamd now and again, also putting CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60 in newcamd.list will also help keep things running smoother.
    Hope someone else finds this info useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freerider View Post
    Update...
    Seeing as no one has answered my question I will answer it myself after some more reading and tinkering with settings.
    Both lines in mgcamd does not have freeze free viewing, their is delay when switching from one to another.
    Mgcamd doesn't auto select the faster server like cccam does, this is defined in mg_cfg under { P } were 00 will use newcamd first but changing to 02 uses cccamd first.
    So best config is put cline in cccam 2.3.0 start the emu, then put nline in newcamd.list and then load the emu, the switch from one emu to another is usually seamless, but it doesn't hurt to restart mgcamd now and again, also putting CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60 in newcamd.list will also help keep things running smoother.
    Hope someone else finds this info useful.
    Thanks for sharing your experience

Thread Information